There are many natural remedies that reduce the formation of gas and aids in healthy digestion to get rid of the sulfur burping .
Home Remedies for Sulfur Burping:
Here are some best and most widely used natural remedies to treat your sulfur burping (rotten egg burps). Along with natural remedies, you have to follow some healthy lifestyle habits to prevent its recurrence.
Remedy – 1: (Fennel Seeds)
The fennel seeds are fully packed with several essential compounds like cineole, limonene, anethole, etc. which exhibits antioxidant, anti-flatulence and carminative properties. It helps to soothe the digestive tract and prevent the digestive problems like bloating, heartburn and indigestion.
Here are few ways of using Fennel Seeds for sulfur burps.
- Take 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds and chew them thoroughly in the morning and evening after meals for better digestion and thereby prevent the formation of gas in the stomach.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of asafetida and raw honey in 2 tablespoons of fennel seeds. Stir well to make a paste and consume this mix for twice daily (especially after taking heavy meals) to clear these discomforts.
- Simply pour 1 teaspoon of freshly crushed fennel seeds in 1 cup of hot water. Cover and let it steep for about 7 – 10 minutes and strain the tea. Drink this warm fennel tea for twice daily to get relief from the burps.
Remedy – 2: (Honey & Lemon)
Honey and lemon, if used separately or combination will give best results in curing the sour sulfur burps. Both of them contains all essential nutrients that are required for proper functioning of your digestive tract and thereby prevents sulfur burps.
Here are few ways of using honey and lemon for treating sulfur burps.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of raw honey and fresh lemon juice in 1 glass of warm water. Stir well and drink this mix in every morning with an empty stomach for the proper functioning of your intestine and prevent these disorders.
- Simply consume 1 tablespoon of raw honey daily to soothe the irritated stomach and to prevent the formation of gas in the stomach.
- Lime or lemon juice will detoxify the body to clear this problem. Drink 1 glass of lemon or lime juice by squeezing the fresh juice in 1 glass of lukewarm water and drink it in every morning on an empty stomach.
Remedy – 3: (Baking Soda)
Baking soda helps a lot in neutralizing the stomach acids and gases and thereby results in the clearing these rotten egg burps.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda in 1 glass of warm water.
- Stir well and drink this baking soda water to get relief from the problem.
- Remember to stay near the toilet after drinking this water why because it will throw up and clear your stomach.
- Repeat it regularly whenever you suffer from these burps to get instant relief from the problem.
Remedy – 4: (Herbal Tea)
There are many herbal teas that work well in stimulating the digestion process and to give you complete relief from these sulfur burps. Let’s have a look at some best teas that help you in fighting rotten egg burps.
- Peppermint Tea – It has an antispasmodic property that relaxes your digestive tract and prevents the formation of gas in the stomach along with improving the flow of bile and promotes proper digestion. Mix 1 teaspoon of dried peppermint leaves in 1 cup of hot water for 10 minutes. Strain and drink it 2 – 3 times daily to get rid of the sour burps.
- Chamomile Tea – It contains various volatile oils and flavonoids that exhibit a soothing effect on the intestine and relieves your intestinal cramps, flatulence, colic and upset stomach. Place 1 chamomile tea bag in a cup and pour boiled water over it. Steep for 5 – 10 minutes and remove the tea bag to sip chamomile tea. Drink it 2 – 3 times daily for best results.
- Ginger Tea – Ginger is an excellent remedy for treating intestine related disorders with its antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Crush 2 medium ginger pieces and pour it in 1 glass of water. Boil it for few minutes and strain the water to consume this warm ginger tea. Drink it twice daily.
- Green Tea – Green tea is loaded with many catechins and flavonoids that help to cure these sour burps. simply prepare a green tea by dipping a green tea bag in 1 cup of hot water for a couple of minutes. Drink it after each meal to get relief from the rotten egg smells of your burps.
Remedy – 5: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) prevents the inconvenience caused by this sour burp. It neutralizes the stomach acids by balancing the pH levels of the body. It exhibits antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that help to give relief from these foul smelling burps.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of raw, organic and unfiltered ACV in 1 glass of water (prefer lukewarm water).
- Stir well and consume it directly to get relief from the problem.
- If you are unable to withstand the taste of ACV then mix some raw honey to this ACV water and drink it.
- Regular intake will definitely help you to get relief from the problem.
Remedy – 6: (Ginger)
Ginger has carminative properties that help to relax the gastrointestinal muscles and thereby prevents gas, bloating and burping. It aids in proper digestion and calms down the intestinal irritants to clear the problem.
Here are some ways of using ginger for clearing sulfur burps.
- Take 1 – inch piece of raw clean ginger and start chewing it thoroughly for few minutes. Continue this remedy thrice daily until you get relief from the problem.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of dry ginger powder, pepper powder and cardamom seeds with 1/4 cup of water. Stir well and consume this mix after breakfast. Also, intake of this mix even after having your lunch or dinner will help you to get relief from the burping quickly.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon each of ground ginger and ground cinnamon and mix it in 1 cup of hot water. Stir well and let it steep for around 10 minutes. Then add 1 teaspoon of honey and stir well. Drink this mix daily until you get relief from the rotten egg burps.
- Take ginger supplement after consulting your doctor for proper dosage and treatment.