Vitamin C has been proven to be one of the greatest anti-aging ingredients! Using this DIY vitamin C face mask will help remove wrinkles and prevent new ones.
There is one form of vitamin C in particular that has been found to be the most effective for its anti-aging properties and that is L-ascorbic acid.
When I first read about using vitamin C and how effective it was, I wanted to go out and buy liquid vitamin C to apply to my skin. However, after some research, I learned that vitamin C becomes oxidized in liquid form when exposed to air pretty quickly. In just weeks it can be less potent and less effective than it was when the vitamin C mixture was prepared.
This is because the L-ascrobic acid form of vitamin C, is difficult to stabilize and it can quickly loose its potent antioxidant properties when it becomes oxidized.
How This Anti-Aging Vitamin C Face Mask Works:
L-ascorbic acid is the primary ingredient for anti-aging as it helps with sun damage and builds collagen and elastin. The purpose of the aloe vera is to make it adhere to your skin for optimal absorption.
Anti-Aging DIY Vitamin C Face Mask:
- ¼ cup Aloe Vera gel
- 1 teaspoon L-Ascorbic acid powder
- 1 Cotton sheet mask (you can use it without one though, it just helps lock in the ingredients and increases your skin’s absorption)
1. Put the aloe vera gel in a dish and add the L-ascorbic acid powder.
2. Stir well until all the powder is dissolved and it’s thoroughly mixed.
3. Take one of the cotton sheet masks and dip it in the mixture, make sure to fully saturate it.
4. Place it on your face and smooth it out a little, insuring it is pressed against your skin on all areas.
5. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Take the mask off and rinse with warm water. Pat dry with a dry wash cloth.
How Often Should You Use This Face Mask?
According to the research on vitamin C, you should apply it topically every day in order to increase collagen production and achieve maximum anti-aging benefits. So I use this DIY vitamin C face mask at least once a day. I usually put it on in the morning and leave it on while making breakfast. For photoprotection, it is recommended to apply vitamin C topically every 8 hours.