Skin tags are caused when the skin is rubbed against the skin. It appears on various parts of the body like neck, around eyes (eyelids), belly button, armpits, a lower part of the breast or groin areas.
They are small and painless fleshy outgrowths that appear deformed in shape. It is caused due to the accumulation of collagen fibers and blood vessels in the thicker parts of the skin, friction, obesity, skin irritation, genetics, hormonal changes, diabetes, scratches due to jewelry, shaving or clothing, etc.
There are many natural remedies that remove these skin tags. So, instead of cosmetic treatment why don’t you choose natural ways to clear the skin tags?
Home Remedies for Removal of Skin Tags:
Here I will let you know some easy and effective home remedies for treating skin tags. All you need is to follow these natural remedies to get rid of the problem.
Remedy – 1: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
Apple cider vinegar has acidic nature (alpha hydroxy acid and other acidic acids) that helps to remove the skin tags without leaving a scar on the skin. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that clear skin tags effectively.
- Rinse the skin tag affected areas and dry it thoroughly.
- Then apply ACV on the skin tags by using a cotton ball.
- Secure the ball with a bandage and let it sit for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- After that, take out the ball and repeat the process for 2 – 3 times daily till your skin tags turn darker and fall off eventually.
Remedy – 2: (Tea Tree Oil)
Tea tree oil has a drying effect that dries out the skin tags by penetrating deep into the skin. It also has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that help to remove the skin tag safely.
- Clean the skin tag affected area and pat dry it.
- Then soak a cotton ball in clean water and squeeze it to drain out excess water.
- Now pour few drops of tea tree oil on this wet cotton ball and rub it gently over the skin tag affected area.
- Leave it on for few hours and continue this process for 2 – 3 times daily.
Remedy – 3: (Castor Oil)
Castor oil helps to eliminate the unusual skin growths without the formation of scars on the skin. It is also loaded with many essential nutrients that help to keep the skin healthy.This combination will detoxify the skin and absorbs all the moisture from the skin tags to shrink it.
- Add 1 part of baking soda in 2 parts of castor oil.
- Stir well to make a paste by adding few drops of lemon oil (or peppermint oil – optional).
- Apply it on the skin tag and cover it with a bandage.
- Leave it on for overnight and rinse off in the next morning with warm water.
- Do the same process daily till you get complete relief from skin tags.
Remedy – 4: (Oregano Oil)
Oregano essential oil has phenolic terpenoids compounds like thymol, arvacrol, and p-cymene that exhibits antibacterial, antimelanomic, antioxidant, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that help to clear skin tags effectively.
- Mix 2 – 3 drops of oregano oil in 6 – 8 drops of coconut oil.
- Stir well and apply it on the skin tag affected areas.
- Wait for few minutes to get dry the applied mix.
- Regular follow – up of this mix will dry out the skin tag and make it fall off easily.
Remedy – 5: (Dandelion Juice)
Dandelion detoxifies the body, promotes collagen production and prevents hormonal imbalances which in turn helps to get rid of skin tags and also prevents its recurrence.
- Extract the juice from dandelion root and apply it on the skin tags.
- Wait till it dries on the skin and then rinse off with water.
- Repeat the same process for 3 times daily till you get complete relief from the skin tags.
Tips and Precautions:
- Consult your doctor to rule out any possibility of the serious situation or if you’re getting pain and irritation on the affected area, for proper diagnose and treatment.
- You can also cover the skin tag with a piece of duct tape to get quick relief from the problem.
- Drink plenty of water and consume a healthy diet (rich in fiber, fresh fruits, and vegetables, iron and zinc rich foods, antioxidant or vitamin E rich foods) to get rid of the problem.
- Always wear loose clothing and jewelry to avoid rubbing or friction on the skin.
- Do regular exercises to maintain proper hormone levels and also proper weight.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol, excess sugar intake, fat, caffeine, processed foods, oily or greasy foods for clearing skin tags quickly.
Hope you’ll try these remedies for removing skin tags. Share your experience or queries in the below comments box