Different skin types require different toners. In addition to combating skin problems, DIY skin toner also help you maintain, healthy, glowing and younger-looking skin. But not all toners are suitable for everyone.
Here are some recipes for DIY skin toner for specific skin types, using natural ingredients easily found in your home.
How to Make DIY Skin Toner for Oily Skin
If you have oily or acne-prone skin, you can try this toner to reduce your skin’s oiliness and shrink large pores. The toner will also help reduce the acne problem that is so common among people with oily skin.
Green tea has anti-inflammatory properties that will reduce the acne, while apple cider vinegar will reduce the oiliness on skin and bring down the pH level.
If you want, you can add a few drops of tea tree oil and/or lavender oil for added benefits. Tea tree oil helps fight acne breakouts, blemishes, dark spots and pimples. Lavender oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help fight against acne and inflammation.
Things you’ll need:
- Steeped green tea – ¾ cup
- Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar – ¼ cup
- Tee tree oil (optional) – a few drops
- Lavender oil (optional) – a few drops
1. Steep a bag of green tea in ¾ cup of boiling water and pour it into a jar.
2. Add ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar to it and mix it well.
Your homemade toner for greasy and acne-prone skin is now ready to use.
How to use your homemade toner for oily skin
- Dip a cotton pad into the mixture and apply it gently on your face. You can also pour the mixture into a spray bottle and lightly spray it on your face.
- Do not rinse it off after applying, instead let it dry.
- Use it twice daily for effective results.
You can store this homemade toner for oily skin in the refrigerator for upto 10 days.
How to Make DIY Skin Toner for Dry Skin
Dry skin can cause your face to look flaky, aged and unappealing. It can also cause redness, itching and tears in your skin. Dry skin can be a terrible ordeal to live with, especially in the winters.
But this toner will help you battle your skin’s dryness and keep your skin healthy and moisturized. Rose water helps restore the pH of the skin and makes it appear fresh. Refrigerated rose water can also help shrink large pores. Glycerin helps provide ample moisture to the dry skin.
Things you’ll need:
- Rose water – 2 tablespoons
- Glycerin – 1 teaspoon
1. Pour 2 tablespoons of rose water into a spray bottle.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of glycerin and mix it well.
Your DIY toner for dry skin is now ready to be applied.
How to use your homemade toner for dry skin
- Lightly spray the toner on your face. If you prefer, you can keep the toner in a jar and use a cotton pad to dab it on your face.
- Use it every day, before applying a moisturizer.
The toner can be refrigerated for up to 10 days.
How to Make DIY Skin Toner for Normal Skin
If your skin is not particularly oily or dry, you likely have a normal skin type. This toner for normal skin will protect it from becoming too dry or oily, while also moisturizing it.
Cucumber has a cooling effect on the skin, even on sensitive skin. It hydrates your skin and provides a soothing sensation. It also creates a perfect balance between the oiliness and dryness, so your skin remains normal.
Aloe vera is a great addition to the toner if you don’t want your skin to become greasy while staying hydrated. It also has antibacterial properties that help ward off acne and pimple breakouts. It also speeds up skin cell regeneration, making it useful in delaying skin aging.
Rose essential oil has excellent properties for rejuvenating your skin. It also has astringent properties to treat acne-prone skin, as well as anti-inflammatory properties that help treat redness and inflammation.
Peppermint essential oil helps control oiliness, therefore preventing acne. The use of peppermint oil can also refresh and cool your skin.
Things you’ll need:
- Cucumber, medium-sized – 1
- Gel from 1 aloe vera leaf
- Rose oil or peppermint oil – 5 drops
1. Extract the juice of 1 medium-sized cucumber and transfer it to a jar.
2. Add aloe vera gel to the cucumber juice.
3. Add 5 drops of either rose oil or peppermint oil.
4. Mix it well.
5. Pour it into a spray bottle.
our natural homemade toner for normal skin is ready to use.
How to use your DIY toner for normal skin
- You can spray it on your face, making sure it covers all the areas of the face.
- Leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes. Then, rinse it off with normal water.
You can store this mixture in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days
If you like this DIY Skin Toner for a healthy skin , share this post and leave a comment below .