While using the latest and greatest beauty products may help you achieve clear, glowing skin, an inside-out approach to beauty is truly the root of perfect skin.
And what better way to do that than to drink your way to gorgeous skin. Detox water is the perfect way to get all the necessary nutrients required for clear, glowing skin. Water alone is key to great skin as it flushes out toxins, delivers nutrients to your cells and keeps your cells hydrated and hydrated skin = glowing skin.
But plain water can be pretty boring, so why not add some tasty fruits and vegetables to your water? Adding the right fruits, vegetables and herbs to your water can begin to improve your skin on a cellular level and help you achieve the clear, glowing skin you’re after.
For your detox water, focus on the fruits and vegetables with the most skin-enhancing ingredients:
- Citrus fruits (lemons, oranges, grapefruits) – Citrus fruits play a key role in the formation of collagen due to their high Vitamin C content and are considered an anti-oxidant.
- Strawberry – Strawberries are rich in ellagic acid, folate, and vitamin C, each of which works to neutralize cell damage caused by free radicals. Ellagic acid also helps to protect the skin against UV damage.
- Apple – Apples are rich in malic acid, which helps to cleanse and soften the skin by renewing skin cells.
- Cucumber – Cucumbers are full of anti-oxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene, and manganese. They are also hydrating which is essential for soft, supple skin.
- Mint – Mint is rich in anti-oxidants and flavonoids. Mint is known for soothing and healing inflammation and keeping acne at bay.
- Watermelon – Watermelon helps to flush the body of toxins and is full of anti-oxidants, which help to fight free radicals.
- Apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is rich in enzymes which help to balance bacteria in your gut. It also helps to promote weight loss by helping with digestion.
- Aloe vera – Aloe Vera is known for its healing properties when used topically on the skin. However, it can also be used internally to treat gut issues and can also help to promote clearer, brighter skin.
- Ginger – Ginger has plenty of anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial qualities. It can be effective in keeping skin beautiful and glowing by reducing inflammation and keeping skin hydrated.
- Tropical Fruit (papaya, pineapple, kiwi, guava) – Tropical fruits are chock full of vitamin C that helps to defend skin against free radicals. Vitamin C also helps the body produce collagen. Papaya contains a large amount of vitamin A; an important enzyme that helps heal damaged skin by speeding up cell regeneration.
Combining these ingredients with water creates a drink that not only hydrates your body but also works to cleanse and detox your system from the inside out. Each combination helps to remove impurities from your body, that in turn, help to encourage clear, glowing skin.
Cucumber, lemon and mint detox water
- 12 cups of filtered water
- 1 medium organic cucumber
- 2-3 small organic lemons
- 10-12 organic mint leaves
- Wash lemons and cucumbers; slice thinly.
- Add lemons, cucumber and mint to pitcher.
- Cover with water and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
Strawberry Kiwi detox water
- ½ gallon cold water
- 2 kiwis
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- Mix all ingredients and leave to chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Discard after 24-48 hours or when fruit starts to taste bitter.
Beautiful skin detox water
- 1 to 2 liters of water
- 1 lemon
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Handful of ice
- Put ice in a pitcher or jug, add water and fruit ingredients.
- Garnish with mint and cinnamon.
- Can be served immediately.
Lemon, apple cider, aloe, honey and mint
- 1-2 cups of water (room temperature or hot are both fine)
- 1 lemon, juiced and sliced
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. aloe vera
- 1 tsp. honey (optional for sweetness)
- Combine ingredients in a glass or mason jar.
- For a cold beverage, refrigerate overnight.
With the right natural beauty products on your face and a daily detox drink, youcan get the great skin you’re after. So drink up and be on your way to clear and glowing skin .
Don’t forget to share this post with your beloved one !