You will get all these information in this article. Scroll down to start reading all about freckles and its natural remedies.
Here you’re about to learn some best home remedies that deal with how to fade freckles safely with simple ingredients at home. Let’s get started.
Remedy – 1: (Lemon Juice)
Lemon contains citric acid that exhibits bleaching property to fade away the freckles and other dark spots on the skin. Simply rub the freckles affected skin with lemon juice to get rid of the problem. The only drawback of using lemon is that it causes a stinging sensation in the dry or sensitive skin people.
For those people, dilute lemon juice by adding water or plain yogurt. Don’t go out in the sun for 30 minutes after using lemon treatment, as it causes photo sensitivity.
Here are few ways of using lemon for treating freckles.
- Add a pinch of salt in 1 tablespoon each of fresh lemon juice and raw honey in a bowl. Stir well to make a paste and apply it on the freckles (not to get contact with your eyes). Wait for 20 – 30 minutes and rinse with water. Dry the skin and repeat the same process for 2 – 3 times daily till you get rid of the freckles.
- Stir 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice with 1/2 cup of plain yogurt. Spread this mix on the freckled skin and rinse off with water after 20 minutes and dry the skin. Apply moisturizer and perform this application daily to get complete relief from the problems.
- Cut a lemon in half and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of sugar on one-half of the lemon. Use this sugar sprinkled lemon piece to scrub your skin for 2 – 3 minutes. Wash the area with water and continue it regularly for twice a week until you get rid of freckles.
Remedy – 2: (Sour Milk or Cream)
Sour milk and sour cream will help to lighten your skin with its lactic acid that inhibits the production of the tyrosinase enzyme, which in turn causes over pigmentation.
- Sour Milk – Rinse your face with some sour milk and leave it on for few minutes. Rinse with water and repeat it 3 times daily.
- Sour Cream – Apply any sour cream on the freckles affected skin areas. Let it sit for about 20 minutes and then wipe off with a soft towel or tissue. Dry the skin to apply moisturizer or sunscreen. Repeat it once a day for a week and then reduce its frequency to twice a week (OR) replace your sour cream with yogurt.
Remedy – 3: (Papaya)
The presence of papain enzyme in papaya will help you to exfoliate the skin to remove the dead cells. It also inhibits the tyrosinase which in turn stops the production of melanin and prevents the appearance of new freckles. To obtain more papain, you have to use raw, green papaya.
Here are some ways of using papaya for freckles.
- Take a ripe papaya and mash it properly. Apply it on the skin and wait for 15 – 30 minutes and rinse off with water. Do it once or twice daily for best results.
- Blend some raw papaya to obtain its puree and add 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Stir well and spread it on the freckles affected areas and wash with water after 15 – 20 minutes. Do it daily.
- Extract fresh papaya juice by using a food processor and apply this juice on the skin using a cotton ball. Wait for 10 – 15 minutes and rinse off completely with cool water. Repeat the process daily.
Remedy – 4: (Horseradish)
Horseradish has antioxidant properties that lighten your dark spots and the rich content of vitamin C (or ascorbic acid) helps to reduce these scars or dark spots appearances by restricting melanin production.
Here are few ways of using horseradish root for clearing freckles.
- Grate 1/2 cup of horseradish root and place it in a jar to mix with 1 cup of raw apple cider vinegar. Cover it with a lid and keep it aside for 2 weeks by shaking it once daily. After that, strain the vinegar and apply it on the freckles using a cotton ball for twice daily.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of horseradish powder in 1 cup of boiling milk and stir well. Remove it from heat and strain it after it cools down. Apply it on the freckles affected skin areas and wash the area after 15 – 20 minutes. You will observe fading of freckles while applying it daily.
- Take a horseradish root and chop it. Now extract its juice by using a blender or juice and apply it on the skin with the help of a cotton ball. Rinse with water after 15 – 20 minutes. Repeat it once daily.
- Squeeze juice of a lemon in freshly grated 1 horseradish root and apply this mix on the skin. Let it sit for few minutes until dry and rinse it off with cool water. Continue it every other day to get rid of the problem.