Acne, the most common but biggest skin problem faced by many people which start with oily secretions from sebaceous glands that block the small opening of hair follicles .
It affects face, neck, chest, shoulders and back commonly and it is aggravated by stress, hormonal problems, poor diet, heredity, etc. So, usage of over the counter creams, treatments or medication will even more damage the skin. The best option is to choose the natural remedies which you can do it yourself at home for safe and long lasting results from the problem.
It is one of the natural remedies that definitely had a best place in the list of acne prevention as it is renowned for its cosmetic acne treatments. It has many amazing properties that make you believe that olive oil is the best remedy for your acne / pimples.
Olive oil properties:
- It has polyphenols, a powerful antioxidant compound that fights against the free radicals and keeps the skin moist for healing acne faster.
- It has antibacterial property that clears bacteria causing acne and prevents it from becoming worse due to the bacterial infections.
- It has anti – inflammatory property that stops pain and inflammation caused due to acne on skin.
- It is rich in many essential nutrients (vitamin E) and fatty acids that promote the skin healing by cleansing it properly.
How to use Olive Oil as Pimples Treatment?
There are several ways of using olive oil on skin but here we are going to know about 3 ways like olive oil massage, olive oil scrub and olive oil with other natural ingredients.
Method – 1: (Olive Oil Massage)
Olive oil massage is the best way to cure acne, as it removes dead cells, enhance proper blood circulation and unclog the pores.
Steps to follow
- Apply some extra virgin olive oil on your face and neck.
- Massage gently in circular motion for few minutes for the oil to get absorbed into the skin.
- Then place a soft cloth in hot water and wring out to remove excess water and put it on your face.
- Let it sit till the cloth cools down and remove it to repeat the same process for 2 – 3 times until the excess oil has been removed.
- Finally, splash your face with cold water to lock the moisture.
- Make sure that if it gets into the eyes then rinse it off with water and dry the skin.
- Apply a little of olive oil at night time when you’re going to sleep and wash it off in the morning.
- Regular massage will definitely help to get rid of acne or pimples breakouts.
Method – 2: (Olive Oil with Baking Soda)
This combination is used to unclog the skin pores and removes the dead cells to clear acne along with the formation of scars on skin.
Steps to be followed….
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir well to make it fine paste and apply this paste on the pimples.
- Massage gently for 2 – 4 minutes and wait for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse the applied area with water and pat the skin dry.
- Follow the same process regularly till you cleared the acne along with its symptoms.
Method – 3: (Olive Oil Scrub with Sea Salt)
Skin scrubs with olive oil helps to unclog the pores, removes dead cells, improves blood circulation and moisturizes the skin.
Steps to be followed for proper scrubbing…
- Clean your face and neck with a soft cloth or bath towel.
- Add 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil in 1 cup of sea salt (finely grounded).
- Stir well to form fine scrub mix.
- Apply this mix on your damp face and gently rub it in circular motion.
- After that, let it stay on face for 3 – 6 minutes.
- Wash it with warm water and massage a little of olive oil on your face when it is still moist.
- Remove the excess oil from skin using a cotton ball or tissues.
- Store the remaining mix in an airtight container to use further.
- To get relief from acne or pimple blemishes, follow this scrubbing process regularly.