Egg mask for hair can be helpful as it is rich in vitamins A, D, and E, proteins, fatty acids, and sulfur. It is an easy solution to most of the hair problems, and they are easily available.
Many commercial products claim to be perfect for our hair needs but it is difficult to decide which of these can succeed to produce the intended results they promise or whether these chemical filled solutions are good for our hair in long run. Instead, it is better to look for something natural such as eggs to take care of your hair.
Why should we use Egg Mask for Hair
Eggs not only contain protein and fatty acid to help nourish hair, they contain various vitamins. An egg with a thin shell or pale yolk will contain far fewer nutrients than what you want for great hair. The benefits of egg mask for hair are –
- Fatty acid of eggs helps to promote hair growth, as well as add sheen and luster to hair. It also prevents dry, itchy, flaky scalp and is beneficial in reversing hair loss.
- An egg has vitamin A which helps to produce healthy sebum, an oily substance secreted by the scalp, which keeps hair from drying out and breaking off. It helps in controlling dandruff. Vitamin A prevents drying of the scalp and promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- The Vitamin E of an egg is one of the most vital vitamins for hair growth, it’s an antioxidant that repairs and builds tissue, which is essential for healthy hair growth. It helps reduce inflammation, increases blood circulation, boosts oxygen supply, and repairs damaged hair follicles.
- The hair follicles require a high amount of protein to become strong, which can be provided by raw eggs. It is the protein which makes the hair shinier and improves their texture. It can prove to be a quite capable conditioner. Protein helps the body to produce keratin, which is fundamental to the hair structure. When keratin weakens, hair strands are more prone to breakage.
- An egg has vitamin D and lack of Vitamin D can also cause hair loss. Vitamin D is found in healthy hair follicles and is generally lacking in unhealthy follicles.
- Lack of moisture is the reason why hair becomes dry. Applying egg on such hair can provide it the moisture it is lacking. The moisturization properties of eggs thus make the hair smooth and soft as if they were new.
- To help speed up the growth of hair, the vitamin B12 and sulfur present in egg yolk can prove to be very useful. It can make your hair thicker and increase its volume by a considerable amount.
Procedure for Egg Mask for Hair Growth for Oily Hairs
- 2 egg whites or depending on the length of your hair.
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- 2 tablespoon aloe vera gel
How to apply
- Break the egg and separate the egg yolk from whites. Now add ginger juice and aloe vera gel to egg whites and mix well.
- Dip fingers or a hair brush in the mixture. Make a partition of your hair with your hand and apply the mixture to the scalp.
- Gently massage the scalp with your fingertips. Never rub your hair with your palms as it can break.Massage is essential as it improves blood circulation in your scalp area. You should massage your hair for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once you have applied the hair mask, wear a shower cap and let the mixture dry out. Let it3 sit for 20-30 minutes. The mixture will turn sticky on drying. Rinse it out as you usually, would.
- Apply the egg mask for hair growth twice a week.