Getting rid of acne scars is a little tougher job than clearing acne, as these scars are little stubborn why because? if the infected acne reaches the dermis layer then it destroys the healthy skin tissues and it leaves scars on the skin.
Don’t panic and rush for the cosmetic scar removal treatments or creams, you can fade these scars with the help of some natural home remedies without much cost and side effects.
Home Remedies for Acne Scars:
Listed below are some effective natural remedies that lighten up your acne scars and gives an even skin tone. But the only thing you need to do is that follow these remedies daily until you get complete relief from acne scars.
Lemon Juice For Acne Scars:
Lemon is rich in vitamin C and citric acid that helps to rebuild collagen and fade away the acne scars. It has excellent skin lightening property that brightens the skin and makes the scars less visible.
- Apply a freshly squeezed lemon juice on the scars using a cotton ball and rinse off after 10 minutes with water. Repeat it daily till you fade the acne scars.
- If you’ve dry or sensitive skin, mix lemon juice with water or rosewater or honey or aloe vera gel and apply it on the acne scars.
- Vitamin E oil has antioxidant and moisturizing properties that heal your skin. Mix 2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in 2 teaspoons of vitamin E oil. Apply it on acne scars regularly for 2 – 3 times a day.
- Tomato helps to fade the acne scars. So, blend 1 tomato and a handful of fresh coriander leaves with enough rose water. Then add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to it and apply it on the face as a mask. Rinse off with cold water after 15 – 20 minutes. Do it regularly for twice a week.
Aloe Vera For Acne Scars:
Aloe vera acts as a natural emollient that repairs the damaged skin and thus promotes the growth of healthy skin. It improves the skin texture and removes acne scars with its skin soothing and antioxidant properties.
- Peel off the outer aloe vera leaf to take the gel – like substance. Apply it on the scars and massage gently to get absorbed by the skin. Rinse off after 30 minutes and repeat it twice daily.
Olive Oil For Acne Scars:
Olive oil is skin friendly carrier oil that has a lot of essential vitamins (A, B1, B2, C, D, E), iron and antioxidants that repair your skin structure and removes them.
- Massage some extra virgin olive oil gently on the face and neck. Then wring out a clean cloth soaked in warm water and place it on your face for better absorption of oil. Leave it on for few hours or overnight and rinse off.
- Also, use coconut oil (or) almond oil (or) vitamin E oil (or) any combination of essential oil with a carrier oil.
Baking Soda For Acne Scars:
Baking soda has gentle coarse granules that when mixed with water exhibits exfoliating property which removes dead skin cell out of the skin without any irritation.
- Mix enough water (or rose water) to 1 tablespoon of baking soda to make a paste. Apply it on pimple scars and massage gently. Leave for few minutes and rinse with warm water. Dry the skin and apply moisturizer. Repeat regularly for 2 – 3 times a week.
Potato For Acne Scars:
Raw potato has antibacterial, analgesic and skin bleaching properties that clear acne and promotes new, healthy skin cells and unclogs the skin pores to prevent acne scars.
- Cut a potato into thick slices and rub it gently on scars in circular motions. Continue till you covered all the scars on your skin. Rinse off after few minutes. Also, place the potato slices on the affected areas for few minutes.
Tea Tree Oil For Acne Scars:
Tea tree oil has terpinen – 4 – ol that exhibits antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties to clear the scars.
- Mix 3 – 5 drops of tea tree oil in 1 tablespoon of water (or any carrier oil). Apply it on the scars using a cotton ball. Wait for few minutes and rinse off with water.
Do you know any other remedies for acne scars which worked for you? Then share it with us in the comment section.