Here are some best ways of using onions for hair growth. Regular follow-up of these methods will promote smooth and shiny hair.
How to use Onion Juice for Hair Growth:
Method – 1: (Onion Juice)
Massaging your scalp with fresh onion juice will prevent hair loss and thus promotes hair growth.
- Peel off the outer layer of an onion and chop it into small pieces.
- Place them in a blender and blend it to make a smooth pulp.
- Pour this pulp in a strainer and squeeze it to extract its juice.
- Apply this juice onto the hair by focusing more on the roots and scalp.
- Rinse off with shampoo after 30 – 45 minutes.
- Continue doing the same process for once or twice a week.
Method – 2: (Onion Juice with Honey)
Honey moisturizes your scalp and hair with its natural emollient property and thus prevents hair breakage. It also has antibacterial and antioxidant properties that help for healthy hair growth by maintaining a healthy scalp.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey and few drops of essential oil in 1/4 cup of freshly extracted onion juice.
- Stir well and apply this mix on all over the scalp by concentrating more on bald patches.
- Massage it gently for few minutes and rinse off with water and mild shampoo after 20 – 30 minutes.
- Repeat the same process for 3 – 4 times every week till you enjoy your new hair growth.
Method – 3: (Onion Juice as After Wash Solution)
Onion juice, when used as a final rinse will provide the same benefits as its application.
- Mix 1 – 2 tablespoons of onion juice in 1 liter of warm water.
- Use this mix as a final rinse to your hair after shampooing.
- Repeat it regularly for every alternative day till you get rid of hair problems.
Note: Your hair will smell like onion till you shampooed the hair next time.
Method – 4: (Onion Juice with Coconut Oil)
Coconut oil enhances hair growth with its lauric acid and other fatty acids that bind to the proteins in the hair and thus protect your hair strands from breakage. It penetrates deep into the hair and improves blood circulation.
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh onion juice and few drops of essential oil in 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil.
- Stir well and apply this mix on the scalp and leave it for about an hour or two.
- After that, rinse off your hair with a shampoo and warm water.
- Continue the same process for once a week on regular basis.