Wondering how rosemary oil helps hair growth. Well, this essential oil exhibits a number of valuable properties that make it as perfect oil for hair care. Have a look at these properties.
In a research, it is proved that people who are using rosemary essential oil have increased their hair growth similar or more than people who used 2% topical minoxidil (a synthetic drug used for hair growth).
- Rosemary oil has antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that help to treat and prevent microbes causing infections or dandruff on the scalp and thereby causing hair fall.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the inflammation in the scalp and thus reduce the loss of hair and foster hair growth.
- This oil has a superior antioxidant property that helps to combat the damage of free radicals that caused due to the usage of harsh chemical products and pollution. The rich content of antioxidants helps to treat hair loss and thus contribute to faster hair growth.
- Oily scalp will attract dirt, impurities and dust particles and make it greasy and clog the hair follicles to prevent the hair growth but the usage of rosemary oil will prevent the production of excess sebum, cleanse the scalp to foster the formation of new hair and thereby prevent hair loss.
- It acts as a powerful stimulant that induces blood circulation to your hair follicles properly and also get well nutrient rich blood, faster and healthier hair growth.
- The rosmarinic acid, carnosic acid, ethanolic acid, camphor oil and 1, 8 – cineole are the main bioactive antioxidants in rosemary oil that help for the hair growth and maintenance.
- The DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) is a hormone that directly attacks and weakens the hair follicles and thus results in hair fall. The usage of rosemary oil will help to lower this DHT production and thereby promote healthy hair growth.
How to use Rosemary Essential Oil to Regrow your Hair?
Now we are going to know how to use this oil for healthy hair growth. You should use it on daily basis by starting it in small doses to get rid of hair fall.
Let’s get started…
1. Rosemary Hot Oil Treatment:
Hot oil hair treatment is always the best option to enable the nutrients from the oil and stimulate the hair growth by penetrating deep into the scalp.
Steps to be followed…
- Pour 2 teaspoons each of coconut oil and castor oil in a small pan and heat it on a low flame for 2 minutes.
- Then add 4 – 5 drops of rosemary essential oil after turning off the flame.
- Stir well and apply this oil mix on all over your scalp by massaging gently for few minutes with your fingers.
- Wrap it in a shower cap and leave it on for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- After that, rinse off your hair with mild shampoo and dry it properly.
- Do this hot oil massage for once or twice a week to maintain healthy hair growth.
2. Rosemary Hair Massage Oil:
Rosemary oil when mixed with other natural oils will help to enhance the absorption process and prevent sensitivity responses. Jojoba oil moisturizes the hair to prevent it from getting dry and brittle. So, this hair oil massage will cleanse the pores and encourage the growth of new hair.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 8 drops of rosemary essential oil in 5 ml of jojoba oil and stir well.
- Apply it on all over the scalp by using your fingertips.
- Start it systematically from the front to the sides and then to the back using circular motions with gentle pressure to stimulate proper blood circulation.
- Regular application of this hair oil will definitely help you to stimulate the healthy hair growth.
Note: You can also use coconut oil (or any carrier oil) instead of jojoba oil by simply mixing 20 drops of rosemary oil in 1 cup of coconut oil and apply it daily on your hair for faster hair growth.
3. Rosemary Hair Growth Serum:
Almond oil helps to moisture the hair and lavender and sage oils help to fight against the microbes causing hair problems. This combined hair oil serum helps to stimulate the hair growth and also makes you smell awesome.
Steps to be followed…
- Mix 8 drops of rosemary essential oil, 3 drops of clary sage essential oil, and 6 drops of lavender essential oil in 50 ml of sweet almond oil.
- Stir well till all these oils are mixed properly and apply this serum on all over your scalp and hair shafts.
- Massage gently for few minutes and brush your hair thoroughly to distribute this oil evenly.
- For best results, you can use this serum for every 1 – 2 days after your shower.
Rosemary oil will have a positive effect on lessening the effects of male pattern baldness and hair loss but don’t expect results overnight. You should try this inexpensive rosemary essential oil for treating your hair problems and to foster healthy hair growth.
Try this rosemary oil for hair growth and share your experience with us in the below comments box